Briton Ferry Llansawel AFC retained their 100% record in the JD Cymru South with a deserved 3-0 win at Abertilery Bluebirds on Saturday afternoon.

First half goals from Kris Evans and Tom Walters and a Rhys Wilson penalty save give the Reds a 2-0 lead at the interval then a second half goal from substitute Josh Bull was enough to send Andy Hill’s men back to the top of the Cymru South after four league games.

Conditions were perfect at Cwm Nant Y Groes with the ground providing a scenic theatre for football with another good Reds support making the journey.

A confident start quietened the home supporters, and the reward came from a well worked set piece on 6 minutes, Connor Goldsworthy provided the assist from a corner that saw Kris Evans head in at the far post for 1-0.

The lead was doubled on 26 minutes, Luke Bowen worked hard to dispossess an Abertillery defender on the left then again provided an assist with a left foot cross that saw Tom Walters drive his effort into the ground to bounce over the goalkeeper and retreating defender into the net for 2-0.

Shortly later the Reds were dealt a big blow when Keiran Williams had to leave the field due to a bad ankle injury, he was replaced by Jack Hurley on 36 minutes.

The hosts kept at their task even after the early set back and it looked like they would get some reward shortly before half time when Ryan George was adjudged to have fouled Christian Mbongompasi just inside the box, Brandon Withers stepped up but Rhys Wilson guessed the right way and parried the penalty before Withers sent the rebound wide and ensured the score remained 2-0 at half time.

HT 0-2

Morgan Hutin replaced Ryan George at half time and the game saw the Reds enjoy possession for large periods of the second half although chances were kept to a minimum for both teams until Hill made changes with Bull, Payne and Wright replacing Bowen, Walters, and Horgan-Evans to give some fresh legs and problems for their opponents.

It was in fact Payne and Bull that combined to put the game to bed on 76 minutes, good work down the right sent Payne free and he provided an inch perfect cross for Bull to slide home from close range for 3-0.

The win made it four out of four in the league with thirteen goals scored and none conceded, a start that most would have hoped for at the beginning of the season.

Next up is Caerau Ely at Old Road on Bank Holiday Monday before the cup game at Baglan on September 2nd.

FT 0-3

Man of the Match- RHYS WILSON- Done everything that was asked of him to keep this season’s record intact including the all-important penalty save was at a pivotal time in the game.