Briton Ferry Llansawel v Cambrian & Clydach: By Martin Townley


On a wet night under the lights at Old Road Briton Ferry drew with Cambrian & Clydach 0-0.  A wet pitch making conditions for both sides difficult.

After a first half which saw the visitors press high and restrict The Red chances, Ferry came out in the second half and tried to push forward and take the lead. 

Luke Bowen and Tyler Brock went close to getting a goal, but the visitors held on, and the game ended goalless. 

The Reds remain in fourth place in the JD Cymru South table but are still unbeaten this season.

The visitors started brightly, and Josh Bull had an early chance which he put wide.  Cambrian were enjoying a good early spell and Kieran Coles headed just over from a corner.

Tyler Brock had the best of The Red’s early chances but his snapshot after being played in by Declan Evans.  A good run from Evans gave him the chance to play the ball to Brock who flashed a shot past the goal. 

Just before the break Josh Bull almost connected with Liam Eason’s fast ball across the Ferry six-yard box.

Half Time: Briton Ferry Llansawel 0-0 Cambrian & Clydach.

The Reds came out for the second half and played with a higher tempo and higher up the pitch.

Declan Evans making a powerful run into the box and getting in on goal.  Evans fired a low shot at goal, but Harry Johnson made a good reaction save with his legs. 

Ferry kept the pressure on, and Luke Bowen went close when he headed just over the bar.  Bowen was in on goal soon after when Tom Walters clever pass found him in space.  Bowen however strayed offside. 

Walters then put a cross to he far post that found Bowen, who headed back across goal where Tyler Brock was waiting.  Bowen’s header didn’t find Brock, but he was able to get the ball back and hit the post from a tight angle.

It was all Briton Ferry at this point and Cullen Kinsella tried from outside the box.  His effort was too close to Johnson who made the save.

A high ball into the box was missed by Johnson and Bowen was able to get in and get the ball.  Bowen was to the right of the goal and hit the side netting from an acute angle. 

Connor Goldsworthy put a low cross into the six-yard box which Connor Young tried to put out.  The ball went towards goal and needed Johnson to be alive to stop in going in.

Luke Bowen had the best chance of the half when he struck the ball first time from a pacey cross across goal.  Tyler Brock sent the ball in and with Johnson beaten Bowen’s effort flew past the post.

With a few minutes remaining Cambrian almost snatched a winner.  Liam Eason with a close range shot that was well saved by Rhys Wilson.

Still time for one more Ferry chance when Bowen cushioned header from a corner fell to Callum Saunders but he fired into the side netting.

Full Time: Briton Ferry Llansawel 0-0 Cambrian & Clydach.

Briton Ferry: Rhys Wilson (G), Luis Bates, Declan Evans (Connor Goldsworthy 59), Jack Hurley, Callum Saunders, Kieran Williams, Tyler Brock, Cullen Kinsella, Tom Walters, Luke Bowen (C), McCauley Power (Cory Woods 77).

BLUE PEARL TAKEAWAY MAN OF THE MATCH- Keiran Williams Sponsored by Sweet Dreams.