Briton Ferry Llansawel AFC

Scorers: Cam Harris



Scorers: Joe Clarke


Attendants: 268
Sponsored by:Bar Red

The Team

McFenton, Baker, W.Hudson, Healey, L.Harris, Thomas, C.Harris, Williams, M.Jones, Tomlinson, Horgan-Evans

The Subs

Williamson, R.Hudson, Yeap, Bevan , Lake, Roberts.

Briton Ferry Llansawel are in the hat for the third round of the Nathaniel Car Sales MG Cup after defeating Llanelli on penalties in an Old Road thriller.

Two goals within a space of two minutes on the hour mark, firstly Joe Clarke from Llanelli followed by an instant reply Cam Harris saw the game end 1-1 in normal time.

Under the current cup format the game then went straight to penalties with the Ferry scoring four penalties in a row with McFenton saving two of the visitors first three penalties for an excellent victory.

Manager Carl Shaw was without Dan Kingdom, Darius Waters, Steve Davey, Colin Harris and Gareth Jones but a strong looking squad showed there is definitely a strength in depth this season.

The first half saw the visitors enjoy the majority of possession but a well organised shape and stubborn Reds defence kept chances to a minimum, for Sawel the midfield trio of Healey, Williams and Tomlinson were more than a match for an excellent Llanelli midfield and the counter attack breaks from the superb Declan Horgan-Evans and Cam Harris looked a threat with Mark Jones up top.

The game came to life on 57 minutes with Joe Clarke finishing off a good move from the visitors finishing powerfully past McFenton for 1-0.

The visitors delight was short lived though after a neat one-two from Keiran Williams and Declan Horgan-Evans saw the latter beat Scott Coughlan to the ball and with the ball trickling towards the line Cam Harris arrived before a despairing Llanelli defender to drive the ball into the back of the net for 1-1.

The last half hour saw one of the best spells for a long time at the Old Road for the hosts with a dominant display, winger Horgan-Evans was a constant threat down the left hand side and a number of chances went begging with the best seeing Mark Jones hit the bar on the turn from ten yards.

Referee Dan Richardson blew the whistle for full time with the 268 supporters certainly getting their value for money with penalties to come.

For the Reds Mark Jones, Keiran Williams, Rory Healey and Horgan-Evans all converted theirs but Llanelli saw only one successful penalty with McFenton saving the rest seeing a 4-1 win on penalties, probably a deserved result based on the second half performance.

The draw for Round 3 will be made on Monday 19th August with the cup regionalised until the semi-final, the third round will be played on Tuesday 24th September.