Briton Ferry Llansawel

Scorers: Tyler Brock, Gavin Jones



Scorers: Connolly 2, Harrhy


Attendants: 117
Sponsored by:The Arch Neath

The Team

Probert, L.Harris, Baker, Bevan, Hillier, Healey, Hudson, C.Harris, Davey, Brock, Gareth Jones.

The Subs

Evans, Tomlinson, L.Hughes, Gavin Jones, Ncube.

Briton Ferry Llansawel bowed out of the Welsh Cup in the third round after a narrow 3-2 defeat at home to WPL team Llandudno.

The Reds were looking to make the last 16 for the first time since the merger of Briton Ferry Athletic and Llansawel AFC in 2009 but were edged out by Iwan Williams team in a highly entertaining contest at the Old Road.

Carl Shaw named Luke Probert in goals with Conah McFenton still unavailable due to an infection, Ian Hillier was also welcomed back in central defence alongside Lee Bevan with Luke Harris and Sam Baker at full back.

With Rob Thomas serving the last game of his suspension Warren Hudson regained his place in central midfield alongside captain Rory Healey with Steve Davey and Cam Harris on the wings, Luke Jone is still missing through injury so Tyler Brock and Gareth Jones completed the starting eleven.

Gavin Jones returned to the bench after a few weeks out with a shoulder injury alongside Taylor Evans, Liam Hughes, Scott Tomlinson and Arnold Ncube.

The visitors boasted a number of experienced WPl players in their ranks with ex-Neath players Kai Edwards and Toby Jones in the team as well as prolific forward in the league in past years Mark Connolly.

Referee Ben Williams got the game underway on a drying Old Road pitch after all the midweek rain.

A frantic first 10 minutes saw both teams battling for a hold of possession, Llandudno looked to break in numbers with the Reds intent on trying to hurt the opposition from wide.

The breakthrough came from this tactic for the hosts with wingman Steve Davey delivering one of his inch perfect deliveries for young forward Tyler Brock(pic) to head home from close range past Shaw Pearson for 1-0.

The lead was shotlived though with a break down the right from Alun Webb saw the pacey winger drive a cross low across the face of goal that saw striker Mark Connolly(pic) fire home past Luke Probert for 1-1.

The visitors were now dominating play and starting to move the ball well with wingers Harry and Webb a threat in and around the impressive Connolly up top, the lead came for them on 27 minutes a thunderbolt from ex-Tns midfielder Matty Williams was palmed out by Probert and George Harry(pic) was first to react to head past Probert for 2-1.

Forward Tyler Brock was injured on 35 minutes and after some treatment from Sports Therapist Sara Gray he was deemed unfit to continue and was replaced by Gavn Jones before the half time whistle.

HT 1-2

The teams returned unchanged but the visitors continued to have a foothold in the game with the reds looking nervy on the ball, this was punished on the hour after a challenge in the box on Connolly from Ian Hillier and Lee Bevvan combined was deemed illegal by Williams and the forward got up and made it 3-1 from the spot.

The goal saw a tactical change with Shaw reverting his team to three at the back with Scott Tomlinson replacing Sam Baker to give an extra man in midfield, the change heralded a change of style and a much more competetive last half hour.

Arnold Ncube was also introduced in place of Gareth Jones who had put in a battering ram performance up top and the extra pace seemed to unerve the visiting defence.

A deserved goal was scored by Gavin Jones(pic) as the 4th official showed 4 minutes of injury time.

A chance at the death fell to Scott Tomlinson but his shot on the volley just went over the bar before Williams blew for full time, a great beffort in the last half hour but not quite enough to force the tie into extra time.

FT 2-3